Assistant Preschool Teacher
The Methodist Union of Social Agencies (MUSA) is a non-profit organization that is committed to providing year-round educational and supportive programming to preschoolers and school-aged children. The Little Lambs preschool is a licensed STAR-4 provider committed to high-quality early learning. MUSA provides non-proselytizing, non-denominational programming and is an equal opportunity employer serving the Homestead community for nearly 60 years. If you’re passionate about helping children and families in a positive, fun environment: we invite you to join our growing team!
- Provide preschool children with state-standards-based, fundamental education through the implementation of Creative Curriculum lessons and daily activities.
- Assist in implementing a safe, positive learning environment.
- Interact with children, families, staff, and community partners in a professional, courteous manner.
- Engage with parents and guardians to support the growth and development of children.
- Assist with timely recordkeeping via various tablet and desktop software systems.
- Maintain confidentiality of all enrolled child and family information.
- Perform routine custodial duties: sweeping, cleaning spills, table cleaning and sanitizing, restroom checks, taking out trash, and any other duties as assigned to ensure health and safety and building facility guidelines are maintained.
- Maintain classrooms in accordance with Pennsylvania Department of Human Services regulations and Keystone STARS standards.
- Attend and actively contribute to all required trainings and meetings.
- Obtain and maintain required training hours and clearances.
- Maintain compliance with CDC and MUSA health and safety guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to MUSA Preschool Director and Executive Director.
- Degree in an education-related field or CDA preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in childcare. Exceptions made for current college students who would be interested in joining our apprenticeship program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic technological proficiency, including competency using a computer/tablet, email, and online training systems
- Must be able to: lift a minimum of 30 pounds, work indoors or outdoors, and assume postures in low levels to connect with children.
- Ability to obtain the following clearances and certifications: CPR/First Aid, FBI Fingerprint, PA Criminal History, PA Child Abuse, NSOR
- Health Assessment & TB Test
Shift: Full-time Monday-Friday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM or 6:30 AM – 2:30 PM. This position requires in-person work at 1705 Maple Street in Homestead, PA.
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- 12 PTO days annually
- Paid holiday closures
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
- Retirement contribution matching
- 75% paid health insurance
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your salary requirements and shift preferences in the cover letter. Applications will ONLY be accepted via email at this time.
We celebrate diversity and MUSA is committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees of any race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, or disability status.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Any person who has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving domestic violence, abuse, neglect of children, theft, assault, or violent crimes will not be considered for employment. Any other criminal history revealed during required background checks will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
COVID-19 Considerations: MUSA is following CDC and Pennsylvania’s Office of Child Development and Early Learning guidelines. All children and employees are required to wear masks while at the facility.
Leave a Reply