Information about Fall 2020 programming is now available. Visit the COVID-19 Programs page to learn more.
Learn more about our updated COVID-19 policy for Fall 2020 semester programs: http://www.musasv.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/MUSA-COVID-19-Health-Policy.pdf
COVID Childcare Cohort Assistant Group Supervisor
Methodist Union of Social Agencies (MUSA) is a non-profit organization that is committed to providing year-round educational programming to preschoolers and school-aged children. MUSA supports working families in the Mon Valley area by aligning with the Steel Valley School District’s COVID-19 hybrid model of instruction.
Small-group cohorts will be provided for in-person childcare at 1705 Maple Street in Homestead, PA. The COVID Childcare Cohort (CCC) program will be available on a temporary basis due to the evolving nature of the pandemic.
- Assist in implementing safe, educationally enriching daily program activities for elementary school children.
- Support children in completing online learning activities during school hours.
- Interact with children and families in a professional, courteous manner.
- Assist children with homework, educational development, physical fitness, and social activities following provided lesson plans.
- Attend and actively contribute to all required trainings and meetings.
- Obtain and maintain required training hours and clearances.
- Maintain compliance with CDC and MUSA health and safety guidelines.
- Perform routine custodial duties: sweeping, cleaning spills, table cleaning and sanitizing, restroom checks, and any other duties as assigned to ensure health and safety and building facility guidelines are maintained.
- Maintain confidentiality of all enrolled child and family information.
- Engage with parents and guardians to support the growth and development of children.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to MUSA Executive Director and OST Program Director.
Qualifications (must meet at least one of the following criteria sets):
- A high school diploma or a GED and 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, or a human services field.
- A high school diploma or a GED, including 600 or more hours of secondary training.
- A high school diploma or a GED, 15 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or a human services field and 1 year experience with children.
- A high school diploma or a GED and completion of a post-secondary training curriculum.
- A high school diploma or GED and 2 years experience with children.
Shift: 6 to 40 hours per week based on your preferences and availability. Shift options available Monday through Friday, 6:30am-6pm. Evening or weekend training events may be required on rare occasions. Immediate start date.
Compensation: $13.50-$17.50 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your salary requirements, the days and times you are normally available, and your preferred number of weekly hours.
This position requires in-person work at 1705 Maple Street in Homestead, PA. MUSA is following CDC and Pennsylvania’s Office of Child Development and Early Learning guidelines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Employees are required to wear a protective mask at all times while working in the classroom.
MUSA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and MUSA is committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees of any race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Any person who has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving domestic violence, abuse, neglect of children, theft, assault, or violent crimes will not be considered for employment. Any other criminal history revealed during required background checks will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
**ALL DAY CARE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO CURRENTLY ENROLLED MUSA PARK/BARRETT AFTER SCHOOL YOUTH!
The Steel Valley School District is closed on February 17th. MUSA will be offering all day care on February 17th.
- All day care is from 6:00am-6:00pm in Room 203 of the Steel Rivers Council of Governments Building, at 1705 Maple St. Homestead 15120.
- **MUSA does not provide any food on these closure days. Parents/guardians must pack breakfast, lunch, and snacks for the day. We do not have any food to provide to your child if they do not bring their own.
- There is limited space available and will be first come, first served. Please turn in the form below, no later than Friday, February 14th, for your child’s name to be put on the list for all day care if space is still available.
- Due to limited space, please only sign up if your child will be attending. If you sign up and your child does not attend, admittance for other all day care days will be up to the Executive Director’s discretion.
- If you have any questions, please email Lisa Queen at LQueen@musasv.org
Steel Valley School District had an early dismissal on January 16th. Staff at Barrett decided to make homemade popcorn, hot chocolate, and watch Aladdin with the kids!