MUSA offers multiple programs to provide year-round support to students age 3-12. 2022-2023 school year applications are now open!
Child Care Works subsidy (also called CCIS) is the preferred method of payment for MUSA services. If your child is enrolled in CCW by the specified deadline, MUSA will cover your weekly copay and you will not owe any registration fees. This is the best way to ensure FREE MUSA programming.
If ineligible for Child Care works subsidy, pricing is determined based on household income according to the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). The rate schedule for the 2022-2023 MUSA After-School program at Park & Barrett Elementary is:
- <200% Federal Poverty Level (FPL): Free
- 200-300% FPL: $35 weekly tuition
- 300-400% FPL: $70 weekly tuition
- >400% or decline to provide income information: $140 weekly tuition
How to calculate your FPL percentage:
1. Count the number of people in your child’s household. Typically this includes anyone who is living with and sharing income/expenses with the child, even if they are not biologically related (example: the tax filer + spouse + dependents). If you are a parent or legal guardian of the child you plan to apply for:
- Include your spouse if you’re legally married.
- Include any person under age 22 who you’ll claim as a tax dependent. Don’t include a baby until it’s born.
- Include any child you take care of and who lives with you, even if not your tax dependent. This includes foster children who are not in MUSA programs.
- Include any dependent relative who lives with you or who you are financially responsible for.
- If you financially support a domestic partner or ex-spouse, include them in your household count. Add their income to your household total in Step 2.
- Foster children receive free MUSA programming.
2. Find your household’s annual adjusted gross income (AGI) from your federal income tax return. You can find this on Line 9 of 2021 Tax Form 1040 or by adding income sources for all the household members included in Step 1. This is the pre-tax total amount of income for the tax year, minus certain deductions (ex: retirement or student loan contributions).
Other pricing information:
- Because the FPL calculations account for multiple children, we do not offer additional sibling discounts at this time.
- If there are special circumstances impacting your family that you feel are not reflected in the FPL calculations, please let us know in the application process. We will work with you to ensure that cost is not a barrier for students.
- Priority enrollment is given to students who will attend regularly, as our curriculum works best with consistency. If you only need after school care on certain days, we encourage you to still submit an application. We will be in touch regarding prorated tuition if space is available on your specific days.
- Weekly tuition is not prorated on major holidays, but will be adjusted for school inservice or snow days. We offer paid All Day Care at 1705 Maple Street on select elementary inservice days, which you can sign up for at a later time.
- MUSA costs are subsidized by donations, grants, and government funding. We are required to collect different types of paperwork and information in order to stay eligible for many of these funding sources, and we try to streamline the enrollment process as much as possible. If you do not wish to disclose household financial information, you can choose to pay the full tuition rate.
- Complete enrollment paperwork includes: 1) Online intake form, 2) Signatures via DocuSign or in-person, and 3) Health & Immunization records. Paperwork returned after the specified deadline may result in forfeiture of your child’s spot or a $50 late paperwork fee.
About MUSA: The Maple Unified Student Academy (MUSA) is a nonprofit committed to providing high-quality educational programming in the Mon Valley for nearly 60 years. All MUSA programs are state-licensed and rated as a STAR 4, the highest quality rating given by the state. We aim to provide safe, inclusive, developmentally-appropriate programs that make learning fun!