Information about Fall 2020 programming is now available. Visit the COVID-19 Programs page to learn more.
Learn more about our updated COVID-19 policy for Fall 2020 semester programs: http://www.musasv.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/MUSA-COVID-19-Health-Policy.pdf
COVID Childcare Cohort Assistant Group Supervisor
Methodist Union of Social Agencies (MUSA) is a non-profit organization that is committed to providing year-round educational programming to preschoolers and school-aged children. MUSA supports working families in the Mon Valley area by aligning with the Steel Valley School District’s COVID-19 hybrid model of instruction.
Small-group cohorts will be provided for in-person childcare at 1705 Maple Street in Homestead, PA. The COVID Childcare Cohort (CCC) program will be available on a temporary basis due to the evolving nature of the pandemic.
- Assist in implementing safe, educationally enriching daily program activities for elementary school children.
- Support children in completing online learning activities during school hours.
- Interact with children and families in a professional, courteous manner.
- Assist children with homework, educational development, physical fitness, and social activities following provided lesson plans.
- Attend and actively contribute to all required trainings and meetings.
- Obtain and maintain required training hours and clearances.
- Maintain compliance with CDC and MUSA health and safety guidelines.
- Perform routine custodial duties: sweeping, cleaning spills, table cleaning and sanitizing, restroom checks, and any other duties as assigned to ensure health and safety and building facility guidelines are maintained.
- Maintain confidentiality of all enrolled child and family information.
- Engage with parents and guardians to support the growth and development of children.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to MUSA Executive Director and OST Program Director.
Qualifications (must meet at least one of the following criteria sets):
- A high school diploma or a GED and 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, or a human services field.
- A high school diploma or a GED, including 600 or more hours of secondary training.
- A high school diploma or a GED, 15 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or a human services field and 1 year experience with children.
- A high school diploma or a GED and completion of a post-secondary training curriculum.
- A high school diploma or GED and 2 years experience with children.
Shift: 6 to 40 hours per week based on your preferences and availability. Shift options available Monday through Friday, 6:30am-6pm. Evening or weekend training events may be required on rare occasions. Immediate start date.
Compensation: $13.50-$17.50 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your salary requirements, the days and times you are normally available, and your preferred number of weekly hours.
This position requires in-person work at 1705 Maple Street in Homestead, PA. MUSA is following CDC and Pennsylvania’s Office of Child Development and Early Learning guidelines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Employees are required to wear a protective mask at all times while working in the classroom.
MUSA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and MUSA is committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees of any race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Any person who has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving domestic violence, abuse, neglect of children, theft, assault, or violent crimes will not be considered for employment. Any other criminal history revealed during required background checks will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Now Enrolling for the 2015-2016 School Year!
A before school program is offered at Barrett Elementary. The program runs from 6:00 – 8:00 AM.
During the before school program, participants are able to get one-on-one homework help, engage in group games, activities, and computer time. Breakfast is provided at 7:30 AM by the Steel Valley School District.
Please contact Program Director Saleena Aiken regarding enrollment: 412-461-1800 or email@example.com
Enrollment takes place on a rolling basis and pre-enrollment
meetings and applications are available at our Administrative Offices in the Steel Valley COG Building.
CCIS funding is accepted for before school. For private pay clients, the cost is $15 per week.