Our organization is partnering with AmeriCorps this year! These are paid positions that need good people to mentor and tutor our youth. Please visit www.keysservicecorps.org for more information.
MUSA will be closed on..
Friday, March 25, 2016
- All day care will take place on March 24, 28, 29 at the SVCOG building.
Monday, May 30, 2016
- Little Lambs Classroom will also be closed on Friday, June 3, 2016 to clean and prepare for Summer Camp!
MUSA would like to thank our families, funders, and community partners for a great summer!
MUSA Little Lambs Early Learning Center enjoyed a summer of enrichment activities, helping them to prepare for kindergarten while also having fun! The Little Lambs visited the Pittsburgh Zoo and Ryan Hacke Park, enjoyed weekly water play, participated in fun soccer activities with HappyFeet Pittsburgh, and-of course-brushed up on their reading, writing, and math skills!
MUSA’s school-agers had a summer full of fun and exploration at our Summer Day Program. Participants went on too many great field trips to name, with some highlights being a trip to Idlewild and the Pittsburgh Zoo! Youth also enjoyed weekly programming with Snapology, The Outdoor Classroom, Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Ballet Theater, and the Carnegie Science Center. To top it off, MUSA’s Summer Day Program was featured on WPXI’s Proud to Be From Pittsburgh segment, which highlighted our summer program’s focus on science and arts education!
Thank you again to everyone who helped to make this year’s summer programming a success. We are already looking forward to next summer! In the mean time, check out our afterschool and preschool programs, which are both now enrolling!
- 2:30-6:00PM, Monday through Friday
- Ages 5-12
- Locations at Barrett and Park Elementary School
- Homework assistance and tutoring, arts & crafts, physical activities, creative play, snack, hot dinner, and much more!
- Students at Barrett, Park, Franklin, and Propel encouraged to enroll!
Little Lambs Early Learning Center:
- 6AM-6PM, Monday through Friday
- Ages 3-5
- Located in the Steel Valley Council of Governments building (1705 Maple St.)
- Drop off and pick up from Head Start and Pre-K classrooms in the building available
- Educational & fun kindergarten preparation curriculum plus breakfast, lunch, and snack served daily
- Keystone STARS Level 2 certified
CCIS accepted. Affordable private tuition rates also available. Contact us at (412) 461-1800 or at JMarsili@musasv.org to enroll!
MUSA’s 2015 Summer Day Program is now accepting enrollments for participants ages 5-12! Youth from the Steel Valley and surrounding communities encouraged to apply!
The program will run June 8th-August 14th, 2015, Monday through Friday, from 8AM-5PM and will be held at The Ascension School…next to the Carnegie Library of Homestead.
- Daily academic lessons
- Arts and sciences programming with Pittsburgh-area organizations
- Physical fitness activities
- Field trips each Friday
- Service learning projects
- Breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner each day.
CCIS accepted. Private tuition rates available based on income. Please call Margie Savolskis for enrollment information at (412) 461-1800 or email at MSavolskis@musasv.org.